Monday, April 11, 2011

Ascension by Jesu



Justin Broadrick will release his third album under the band, "Jesu" on May 10. If you aren't familiar of Jesu or Broadrick's other projects (Goflesh, Final, & Pale Sketcher) then you should definitely check him out. Jesu is post-metal band that also mixes in heavy droning and shoegaze vocals. It's hard to describe, but in my best words I can say that it's the only type of loud as fuck metal i know of that can also be relaxing.

You can listen to two songs off the album and/or pre-order it here. Anyhow, here's a song off his album, "Conquerer". Enjoy!


22 comments:

  1. Jesu jesu jesu jesu.
    Couldn't help myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts are always so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know, I think I'm with Major Mack on this one. The song gets a little monotonous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i might have to check out some other songs. i can see myself liking this concept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll come back to them, I've got some others on my list right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, awesome, will check it out when it's released.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this up until the vocals
    I've heard of Jesu a few times

    I love Mogwai and Explosions in the Sky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would have been better if it was a bit shorter, but still worth listening to. Would like to know bands who play a similar style.

    ReplyDelete