Sunday, April 10, 2011

Blueprint

Blueprint is an underground conscious rapper off of TheRealRhymeSayers label. He just dropped a new album entitled, "Adventures in Counter-Culture". I've given it one listen so far and I'll give it a few more listens before having a final decision on how I feel about it, but right now I'm digging the lyrics, but the beats not so much. Personally, his best album is still "1998" and the past few EP's he's dropped lately.


If you're interested in the hip hop scene that's not about gucci and sounds like complete shit, then this is for you. 


I'll also mention that Atmosphere and Grieves, two other underground rappers, are also planning on releasing new albums this year, so keep your eyes on them too. 


Edit: Did I forget to mention that Tyler The Creator is also dropping his next album, "Goblin" next month on the tenth? I'm pretty sure it'll be my favorite rap album of the year. If you don't know about Odd Future you should definitely look them up. 

14 comments:

  1. Yeah I agree lyrics are dope but the beats are a little boring

    ReplyDelete
  2. just dont like his (nick)name choice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good reccomendations as always :)
    Will def check out Odd Future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. not usually a big fan of this but really awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what's awesome? Hip hop at dance clubs. Not the big concerts, or live event bars, but dance clubs. A lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. not bad at all, its real and i respect that.
    followed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beats are a little draggy, but still pretty good

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't heard of him until now, pretty good.

    ReplyDelete