Thursday, April 14, 2011

We all listen to music when we're in an angry or bad mood, so my question to you is what as in genre and which artists are you generally listening to in those moods? You don't have to answer my question, but I'm interested in what you have to say.

If I want to just relax to something because I'm stressed out I usually go for some ambient (ex. Stars Of The Lid) or modern classical (ex. Peter Broderick, Dustin O'Halloran). Now if I'm just really pissed off and I want to listen to some pissed off music I go for noise rock like Big Black, Jesus Lizard, Shellac, and Lightning Bolt. Below is a song that I think is a pretty nice pissed off song.

18 comments:

  1. I listen to jazz in just about any mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to listen to quite loud fast DNB when I'm in a bad mood but equally if I'm in a good mood I will sometimes choose loud fast DNB. Music doesn't effect my mood, it removes me from my mood (I think)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i listen to ratatat when i wanna chill and metal core when im mad and hip hop and rap for whenever

    ReplyDelete
  4. alternative rock, regardless of mood

    ReplyDelete
  5. I listen to just about anything in a good mood, even in a bad mood, I might listen to something upbeat. By the way, this is a pretty cool song. Definitely sounds like a good pissed-off song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, by eminem, is the best angry song. Scary as shit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my Turns by Pink Floyd is my anthem when I'm pissed

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of Shellac, but that is a great angry song and I may need to get that for the next time I'm pissed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. awsome song, thanks for that post! cool blog, followed for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmmm i dont think i listen to music when im pissed/bad mood. I usually listen to music when i'm in a good/GREAT mood and it will usually be house music since it gets me really feeling good and i just wanna dance dance dance haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melodic Death Metal!! Or Hard Rock :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mood doesn't really determine the music I listen to. Unless it's a depressive mood, then it requires an extremely depressive song to compliment the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't listen to music based on my mood.

    ReplyDelete
  14. great songs! I listen to music based on my mood sometimes.

    ReplyDelete