Thursday, April 28, 2011

Valley Of The Giants


Valley Of The Giants is a post rock group that's released only one album. Although, this is not a typical post rock release. It contains long spoken word tracks, ambient made with violins, soft vocals, and even extremely epic climaxes too. All the songs on the self titled album go different places and personally, I think each song explores all types of post rock; first, second, and third generation. There's parts that are melancholic and others that are bright. This album doesn't stick to one single mood throughout and I think that's what attracts me to it so much.

Well, enjoy.

The Band's Website.

7 comments:

  1. Pretty good stuff. I like the vocals as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. youre right about melodic, sounds western?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing band, I'm loving the layer of sounds and that slide guitar! I have to check out more of their stuff, thanks a lot for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these guys are really unique. i gotta agree with the exploration of the genre

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, and a girl singing! love it!

    ReplyDelete