Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Morton Feldman

"My music sometimes seems mysterious. Part of the mystery comes from the fact that I wait, receptively, then I welcome, I accept... Listen, there are two kinds of people: the type that is only interested in what they understand, and the type that wants at all costs the hermetic mystery, enigmas. The first gets bored when they don't understand, the second is bored when they do understand. Me, I accept poetry, the inexplicable. Things are born in this waiting." 
- Morton Feldman



Morton Feldman is one of my favorite classical artists. Most of his work is very minimal and creates a certain atmosphere of mystery, curiosity, and darkness. This piece is about an hour long in full. Every time I listen to it the music takes me places; somewhere new each time.

Enjoy.

10 comments:

  1. It's cool that someone who plays the piano also has some quotes that are deep like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great artist, didn't knew him before, thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like movie soundtrack music

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't check out Morton Feldman's work, but this piece was amazing! I was in a surreal world when I was listening to this :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat song and neat visuals to go along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. man thats realyl deep, i guess all artists are creative in many wayts

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like some horror music right there....very eerie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very atmospheric, almost haunting.

    ReplyDelete